Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Calm Wednesday

 Today has been neither a good or bad day, just a blah day. That's okay with me. I don't have to have drama. Of course, winning the lottery would be fun or even having my cleaner come again. 

Like Tommy said, "We don't even know if she got back from California. 

So. we are in limbo since she never answers the phone and has no voice mail set up. Never mind.

It rained much of the day, often just a gently rain, sometimes hard, but nothing was like the torrents of yesterday. 

We did go out to the pharmacy and Publix. At the pharmacy I was given the same wrong prescription as the last three times I got it. I needed milk and an ad at Publix. 

I did have a really good experience when I talked to a friend. Her husband died last summer. One shoulder with a torn rotator cuff had four surgeries and it is still not right. She fell last year backward into the bathtub and broke several ribs. Somehow a few weeks ago, she fell on the hardwood floor. After five x-rays, she was declared whole. Well, then a week later, they found out she cracked a rib. So, she said they put bondo in the crack. It failed and they used bondo again. Whew. These are only a few of her problems. She is 86 but hanging in there. Her son quit his job and moved in with her the first time she fell after her husband died, plus she has two granddaughters, their husbands and half-grown great grandchildren to help out. For the first time ever, she has someone come in to clean. 

We had a many good laughs today, mostly talking about our health problems. It is not funny, but you have to laugh. Crying does not help. I have known her for 43 years. She is the cousin of my best friend of twenty years who died from hoarding if anyone remembers that incident. Just search for hoarding on my old blog. 

She is one of my friends with whom I laughed. We both have a self-deprecating sense of humor. And, we can allow other friends to laugh at us. 

Tonight, Tommy had a fake burger patty, rest of the slaw, baked potato and carrots. I had scrambled eggs and later an ear of corn. There are still enough leftovers for one more meal. 

Tommy has been very mellow today! 

Do you have friends that you know when they call that the call will dissolve in gales of laughter on both sides? Of course, there are serious moments, even tragic moments. But, really getting bondo in your rib is certainly funny. I really don't know if it was bondo used on cars and seriously doubt it, but that is what she called it. 

8 comments:

  1. A friend of mine fell recently and she told me they put putty in the cracks in her vertebrae. I had never heard of this before. Maybe it's a new thing for elderly people?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie,
      I think I have heard of something like this for vertebrae. Not sure.

      Delete
  2. When used to refer to medical repairs, I think words like "putty" and "bondo" are just generic terms for actual medical-grade products. It helps you get the gist of the repair without going into unnecessary technical product names.

    I do have friends that I just laugh and laugh with. I just have fewer than I used to. Which does not make me laugh. :^(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue,
    Correct. When she said "bondo," I laughed and knew what she meant.
    Oh, yes, fewer all the time. No, it is not funny at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I have a few friends just hearing their voices starts the giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I become happy just anticipating calling these friends.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...