Tuesday, May 16, 2023

It Was Tuesday All Day

 I don't know what gets into Tommy some days, but he was easily irritated all day today. Over what? Anything. 

The rain that fell only lasted about 30 minutes, but it was a very hard rain with lots of wind. It almost ruined my flowers. However, it was mild rain in short spurts the rest of the day. Well, until night. I heard the wind roaring and the rain beating on everything. I wonder what my flowers will be like in the morning and how long it will take for them to recover. What happened to "April showers bring May flowers"? Today the May storms destroyed flowers. 

Tommy was happy when I remarked that he need not water the flowers today. He does it willingly, but I think a walker with big wheels would go through the grass more easily. I want to find an old one to keep outdoors. 

He washed some clothing for me. Now, before go to bed I must hang them to dry. We also need to carry the tuna to the bedroom like we were going to do yesterday. Why did I not do these chores earlier? Maybe it was the nap that interferred. 

We finished off the Mediterranean Pasta. Sooo, that means cooking tomorrow or finding leftovers in the refrigerator. I did not get mushrooms at Publix because I did not want to buy two containers as it was not bogo as I thought. 

I have 27 pages of introduction to This Side of Paradise before I can get on to the story. Do you always read the intro in books as I do? Usually, I read the intros if not always. In school I always read the intro. My professors would be very disappointed if they found out now I was skipping the intro.

Are your flowers or vegetables being beaten into the ground? Losing blossoms?

8 comments:

  1. Things growing nicely here, but we are a bit behind your growing schedule. Have had some nice rains.
    I skim the intro's only.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      You are much north of me, so no wonder. I would feel like I was cheating if i did not read the whole intro. But, that comes from being and English major, I suppose.

      Delete
  2. Here we need rain. For some reason it rains all around us but we get nothing. I water my garden every morning hoping rain will come. I have tiny squash on my plants and blooms on my tomato plants. I read the intro too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HHH,
      It seems it rains sort of spotty here, too. But, we get more than enough each day. It rains so hard though. It would beat your squash blossoms and blooms off your tomato plants. I tell Tommy it is best to water in the morning, but he waters late, hoping to avoid watering if it rains. I don't care. The intro contains pertinent information.

      Delete
  3. No rain here lately; we are under wildfire warnings. I think the weather service is being a little dramatic about it, but since I don't plan on starting a forest fire anytime soon, I'm not gonna worry. I water with the hose.

    I just bought 2 pots of cherry tomato plants; they have lots of blooms already. I was going to get flower pots, but these were cheaper and just as decorative. Plus, I can eat them--LOL! I also have much smaller tomato plants in a 6-pack that I will pot up. They are new varieties to me, so they're more of an experiment than anything.

    I decided this year I was going to focus more on fun than getting significant crops.

    I don't usually read the intros first. Many seems pedantic and stuffy and are almost spoilers because they give away too much of the plot. So I usually read the intro after reading the book. Sometimes you get good insight into the author and what they were trying to convey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue,
    Maybe somewhere close by there might be a wildfire danger. But, I am relieved you won't be out starting a fire. We use a hose, too.

    I am always tempted to buy those pots of tomatoes with tomatoes. Mahybe I will get a couple of those. Critters got my tomatoes on the porch, so growing them better be fun if I get nothing to eat!

    Spoilers don't bother me since I read for the experience of reading and the language. Oh, I am definitely learning about Fitzgerald, the Jazz Age, and other heady subjects. I took a course in Hemingway and Fitzgerald at university. This is sort of a refresher.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading these in reverse Mr. Tommy does seem unhappy. I hope the fellow isn't depressed or in pain ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Actually, I did ask him if he was depressed. I found out he has been known to yell a lot in the past.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...