Thursday, May 18, 2023

Highlight

 Today seemed like another day waiting for the rain or wondering if it were going to rain here. It finally did rain after Tommy went out and watered. We planned to go to the grocery but had not.

Tommy went out for the mail about 4 pm and got the mail. I received mail, wonderful mail. It was an announcement that grandson in another state is graduating from hs. He is tall and handsome and all smiles. My son was a child full of smiles. He graduated from an International Baccalaureate school. Tommy sort of explained that to me. I think it is for high achievers and has a social aspect to it. He is in top ten in his class and is going to continue as an Engineering Major. I am so proud of him. 

I don't want to put cash or even a check in a card, so I will send the card by PO and money by Amazon. It won't be much, but I cannot afford much. 

The announcement was amazingly beautiful with so many photos of him. It was done through Shutterfly. The card is viewed landscape. It folds out from both sides from the middle. On both sides of the front of the card are pictures of him, two on one side and one on the other.  Once opened, there is a picture on each side and a description with his name in the wider middle portion. On the back is another picture of him. That is six pictures. That makes plenty for clipping and framing. But, I won't cut this card. I have never seen a card like this. Have you? 

This has absolutely been the brightest spot in my life for a while now. 

At the grocery we bought apples, bananas, strawberries, Graham Crackers, cooking bags for the oven, card, Pepsi bogo. 

Tommy has been very mellow today. 

For dinner it was leftovers. Tommy had another fake burger, ear of boiled corn, and a huge stack of shredded carrots, about 3/4 cup raw with nothing on them. I had a bowl of Special K with milk and bananas, later half ear of corn. In a few minutes, I will get salad with chicken tenders. 

I had him peel three potatoes and asked him to put the filet mignon on the counter. I went in and heard meat falling like rocks. I thought they were thawed! So, they can thaw for eating another day. 

Have you seen the Shutterfly card like I described? They are expensive. 

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your grandson's graduation and accomplishments. Those cards are lovely. I have a couple from family members.
    I have a nephew graduating this year and his graduation and 18th birthday are the same day. Big day for him.
    Wishing your grandson a beautiful future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      Thanks. That is a big day for your grandson. I have never seen one of these cards before. Of course, I have heard of Shutterfly.

      Delete
  2. It sure would be nice if you could visit your family or they you so you can see your grandchildren in person. That's a great accomplishment and the card announcing sounds very special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam,
      I am so proud of him. He looks so happy in the pictures. Tommy, who is an Auburn grad engineer said his chosen school is a very good school for future engineers.

      Delete
  3. That sounds like a lovely announcement you received. I haven't seen ones that fold out, like you described. My daughter did one that was kind of like a big postcard with pictures on each side. I actually came across it the other day when cleaning out old papers ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never seen a graduation announcement with pictures. I hope you did not throw it out!

      Delete
  4. Yes I can imagine how happy that would make you. Good for him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Urspo,
    It made the day exceptional for me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...