Saturday, May 13, 2023

The Day Before

 


When we left the house, it was 86 and uncomfortably hot. I am not complaining as I like it this hot. Today, Saturday, we went to Sam's Club and found nothing we went to purchase. But, we brought home more cups and Cheerios. We ate a nasty hotdog. I will never eat one of those again. I might take a bite of Tommy's. Those are so long, so big around and so greasy. And, not healthful.


I have no idea why or how I put this image in twice!

Then, we stopped at BAM. I now have three books, two of those had to be ordered, but he went in to do it. I brought home This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Killer Angels by Michael Shaara, The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam were ordered and are on their way. These are my kind of books. These are gifts, so it does not count as my buying...lol. 

Then, I stopped by Publix and got kalamata olives and feta cheese for a Mediterranean Pasta. I had this first with spaghetti, but I may use another past with it.  I am making this because I want it. Tommy won't eat it...too bad. It is my gift to me. After all, it is Mother's Day tomorrow. He will buy me dinner tomorrow. I have no idea when I will cook this.

Tonight, Tommy will chop and brown/cook ground beef with Vidalia onions that I need to chop. Some will be used tonight in jarred pasta that needs to be eaten. We will have cole slaw with it. 

I tried something new--Lindt Classic Recipe OatMilk non-dairy chocolate. It was delicious. I was not trying to avoid dairy, just tried it. I would highly recommend it. 

By the way, the keto brownie mix did not have laxative effects on me like the package warned. YAY!

The chicken was eaten slowly tonight. And, I drank lots of water. And, I did not choke. 

Do you have an esophagus that is narrowed and must be stretched? 

Have you eaten chocolate made with oat milk? Did you like it?

Have you read either of the three books he gave me for Mother's Day?

Do you eat the hotdogs from SAM's?

11 comments:

  1. I have never heard of esophageal dilation before, but it's a very real thing. Who knew? I swear, I learn something new every week from your blog, Linda! I'm sorry you have to go through the dilation, but glad to know there is a fix for that problem. So many issues one is told to simply suck it up and deal with it.

    I can't understand making chocolate from oat milk unless it's for a dairy allergy. I've never tried it, but if the chocolate were on sale I might buy some, just to see what it tastes like. I do like testing out new products, so...

    I did read This Side of Paradise years ago, but not the other 2.

    I have not eaten the hot dogs from Sam's. Too fatty with a full carb bun! No thank you. I will eat Hebrew National 97% Fat Free Franks. Generally, I don't eat hot dogs; only in the form of corn dogs, once a year at the state fair. I allow myself a few naughty treats, and corn dogs are near the top of the list!

    I had my Mother's Day dinner out last night, to avoid the Sunday Mother's Day restaurant crowds of crying children, useless fathers, and deeply exhausted mothers--who would be far more appreciative of a day WITHOUT their husbands/children than with them! .

    This morning I am frying bacon so I can make a home version of Wendy's Maple Chicken Bacon sandwich. I use Chick-fil-A tenders with bacon on a low-carb bun that has been drizzled with maple syrup. Such a treat--they are heavenly!

    A very Happy Mother's Day to you, Linda--and to all your readers who are mothers as well! It's the toughest job you'll ever love! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      It is a real thing that I actually am glad to be able to suffer through. Well, they want to do a colonoscopy at the same time. I always hope they don't confuse the probes and use the bottom one up top. Also, fear of their poking too hard is something I have to put away.
      I do suppose the oat chocolate is for those allergic to milk. I am not allergic to milk, just the a1 protein in milk.
      Are you a Fitzgerald fan as I am? I cannot believe I have not read the first book he ever wrote and have read so many others he wrote.
      What kind of low-carb bun do you find? I love hotdogs but try not to eat them very often. I never eat food at the fair. I am chicken.
      The agony of Mother's Day is real!
      I hope you enjoy your Wendy's dupe. I never eat two meats together. I once asked for the bacon on the side since I did not want to pick it out of my Arby's sandwich. I got my sandwich, opened the bun, and the bacon was all around the side in a perfect square. Yep, it was "on the side."
      Happy Mother's Day, Sue.

      Delete
  2. We have had a couple family members have to have that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have my copy of The Rubaiyat that I bought when I was a teen. It is a lovely long poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait to get my hands on mine. While I never owned a copy, I do now.

      Delete
  4. Joel had to have surgery on his esophagus twice as it narrowed and he chocked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      The stretching makes everything so much better. Choking is not fun.

      Delete
  5. I haven't read any of those, but may put one on my 'I need to read this' list. I love to read. I try to work in at least one book a year that is considered a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alice,
    Either of these should work for you, depending on your interests. Let me know when and if you read one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. On the whole I do not eat hot dogs. I will eat one if it is high-quality type.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...