Monday, June 12, 2023

Stocking Up and Other Things

 Yesterday, I determined we would go to Cullman come hell or high water. No matter how little sleep I managed, we would go. I only slept four hours, if that.

Our first stop was the PO where I had six inches of mail waiting for me.

I have wanted to go to the store where I find the only pimiento that is grown and packed in the US. I had Tommy buy 10 of the tiny jars. That will last me for six to twelve months. Since I now add it to dishes without Tommy complaining, it might only last six months. That was my stock-up, not much, but all I had in mind right now. 

Then, I went to Publix for one thing and then did not get it. I decided to see if they had the items for which I received a rain check here. I made a mess of shopping and was exhausted when I left the store. I found Special K Original, Caffeine Free Diet Coke, and could not remember the third item, Angel Soft tp. When I saw maple syrup was reduced, I grabbed one of those. 

I checked out. I had gotten the wrong size Special K. The maple syrup rang up at the wrong price. Well, a guy up front was going to help me and got me the wrong Special K because I did not tell him what I had. And, I was mistaken about the maple syrup. The one on sale was smaller than the bottle I bought. Whew, so much to figure out. 

We had a BK sandwich and headed home. Once home, I tried to nap and could not. Usually naps are easy. 

There are two small packages of chicken breasts and the pork butt to cook, but I was not into cooking tonight. Tomorrow, the goal is to make a casserole of chicken, purple cauliflower, green beans, and pimiento and a can of soup. Plus, I need to cut the pork butt in half, freeze one half and cook the other, plus make slaw. That is the plan, but even talking about it tires me. 

Tommy was so happy to give me a 2023 dime he found Sunday under a car as he got back in his. He commented today that it was so shiny it was easy to spot. I think it was minted this week...lol. 

Tommy examined the flower he/we thought had two different kinds of flowers. He said there were two different stems side by side. They look like one. He said the leaves were different on the stems. I searched through 100 flowers and found two that looked like this one. However, none had poppy-like flowers on the same stems. I think the flower that looks like a poppy is a mallow. 

Remember I bought a new juicer and thought I had one already? Well, I took the stickers off the one I bought and washed it. Tommy was going to put it up and asked me where I wanted it to go. I told him. He came back in with two identical juicers! Yes, I did have one already. So, I put the stickers back on and put the receipt inside. I had put the labels on the back of the receipt since I just knew I already had one juicer. The clean juicer will be returned. Score! 

I had plants on the ground from porch and table after a brief and furious storm blew through here. Did you have wind or storm damage from Sunday? 

4 comments:

  1. no damage here but the kids and grandkids took minor hits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      Any hit is not good, but at least it was minor.

      Delete
  2. No storms here - not until early July when so-called 'monsoon season' starts. it is a disappointment. no proper thunderstorms.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...