Saturday, July 22, 2023

Mish Mash

 When we went to the Wednesday market, we bought peaches and watermelon. The peaches are white-flesh and the watermelon is a tiny thing, seedless, I suppose. We decided we might be able to get that into the house and cut. I would prefer a larger one. But, Tommy cannot carry it nor can I. Plus, the leftovers would be heavy, too. U am getting shakier by the day on my feet, so no use tempting fate. 

Tommy put it on the dining table in the dark and out of sight. So, we have forgotten it. That annoys me. Hopefully, it will still be good. He left it in the car when we came home, so not sure what hours of heat did to it and then ignoring it in here for four days. 

The peaches are not very good. I am sure if I were canning them, they would taste much better. They had sold the last baskets of the better tasting peaches as we came up. We saw the woman purchase them. 

The internet is filled with pink items for the Barbiecore movement afoot. There are even people dressing for attending the movie in pink. And, there are ads for what to wear. I like pink and it has nothing to do with Barbie. I am quite sure I don't fit in with the culture it promotes. Is Barbie pushing Princesses aside?

This VIDEO is about a family in Appalachia. There are other videos about the Whittakers, an inbred family. They get haircuts, go to walmart and show the photographer around their house and land. It is sad and fascinating.

I actually know someone, a family, actually where incest is rampant. The parents of one of these people promotes boyfriends/girlfriends from the time the kids are very small to try and not have the same thing happen in their nuclear family. And, they encourage teen marriages, I suppose to remove temptations. It is sick what they are doing too, just not incestuous. 

Do you know of an incestuous situation?




4 comments:

  1. Yum on the peaches and watermelon. Too bad the peaches were not good tasting ones. I’ve watched one of those YouTube videos about an inbreed family, but I’m not sure if it was this one or not. I’ll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      We will go out earlier to the market next time. This family is in Appalachia.

      Delete
  2. We had a peach this evening in the salad. I thought it a hard tasteless thing. Must not be a good year for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. urspo,
      Some peaches are most tasty than others. I need a tasty one at least once this summer. .Local peaches had a hard time this year.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...