Sunday, July 2, 2023

Not Much, Happy Day But Nothing Exciting

 Sunday has been very quiet. Tommy was putting on his shoes when I asked him where he was going. "Out to water the flowers." As he completed the utterance, there was a crack of thunder. "Not anymore." So, rained, not a lot. We closed the door since we don't want lightning inside. After that brief rain and blustery winds, nothing else happened here all day. 

We mostly watched tv today, doing not much else, no projects. Then, we went to Publix for a couple of items. 

The Wave Petunia that sat in the laundry room all winter has many baby plants from reseeding and several flowers. The blackberries are shriveling. I think water runs off the tulle instead of going through. I must repot the lemon tree. It blows off the porch all the time because it is still in the black pot that is so light. I have plenty of pots and dirt, so we need to do it. 

Dinner was chicken, slaw and tomatoes. Not sure what Tommy ate. We ate the last of the slaw that I bought mix to make, so hopefully we will get more for coming weeks. 

Now, we are watching the Bourne movies, 1,2,4. Not sure why they skipped 3. I usually hate action movies. But, I love these. 

Fireworks started around 7 pm Sunday night, but so far at midnight, nothing. On Monday night I am sure there will be more in anticipation of Tuesday fireworks. 

We will eat what we eat, but there are no grand plans here. Hopefully, I will bake the chicken and maybe grill the steak. Maybe I will make baked beans for Tommy. If I am too tired, things won't happen. I will make pimiento and cheese and jello with fruit, one for both of us, minus bananas for Tommy. 

Have the fireworks started at your house? 

Are you going away for the 4th holiday? 

Are you cooking/grilling?

8 comments:

  1. I live out in the county so there are no rules or ordinances for anyone to follow regarding fireworks. Yes, they have started. The last three nights. It worked out well two nights ago, though. I thought my son was knocking at the door to come in and I awoke with a start! I went to check the kitchen door that comes in from the garage. He was not there, but I realized we had locked it. At that moment, more fireworks went off and I realized that's what had startled me. Son came home maybe 10 minutes later, so it was all good.

    For Independence Day, we are gathering with my husbands family. Burgers and hotdogs and everyone brings sides and desserts. Maybe 60-70 people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      Your confusion was funny. Most of these were before dark and shot off for children by adults. That is a lot of people for the holiday and sounds like fun. Enjoy.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed the Bourne films ...

    Happy July and special wishes for the 4th.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      I cannot wait to see the rest of the Bourne movies. Thanks. I hope we all have a good July.

      Delete
  3. The Bourne movies (and books) are good. My dd loves those movies, LOL. Well, she loves anything with Matt Damon, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one,
      I have never read the books. He is a good-looking man. But, he is a terrific actor and the movies are well-written. I cannot believe I love such a violent movie. Usually, I just skip those. But, these actually have a plot beyond blowing things up.

      Delete
  4. I am growing quite fond of 'nothing' but in a good way day.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...