Sunday, July 23, 2023

Things That Are No More

 There have been pretty good deals from the coupon machine in Walgreen's in the past. Well, I asked Tommy if he would go in, input our phone numbers and bring the coupons to me. So, there are no more machines--all online. Bummer. I won't be doing those. Now, I wonder if CVS still has a coupon machine. 

When he went into Belk's to return something for me, he said there were not many pretty dishes in the Home Dept. He was looking for something else I wrote down. It seems Macy's and Belk's no longer have a wedding registry. Since I was skeptical, I looked online. It seems there is some central registry to handle many stores. I don't like that either. I have found many sale items in the Home dept at Belk's. The woman told him to look for wedding registry at Lowe's or Home Depot. I have no idea. 

Add nickel candy bars and ten-cent Krystals to the list! Of course, those have been gone for decades. 

Have you found that Walgreen's coupon dispenser is no longer in your store?

Have you tried to use a bridal registry at a store and had to use a central registry that is for many stores? 

What other well-established entities or systems of our society are missing lately, probably never to return? 

6 comments:

  1. I never even knew that Walgreens had coupon dispensers. CVS did have them, but I have not checked that out of late. Wouldn't surprise me if they are gone too, because they generate so much waste and make a mess.

    What's a ten-cent Krystal? Sounds like slang for crack cocaine. JUST KIDDING--LOL!

    The last bridal registry I used was at *m*zon. I think most of that stuff is being done online, if at all. People seem to want cash these days, anyway. I guess cash is better than getting someone else's castoffs or regifts.

    Since we're talking about wedding registries, you could start a thread on the "Worst Wedding Gifts" and we could all compare notes. Because do you ever forget (or forgive) a bad wedding gift?
    LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I will have to check CVS. I will be surprised if they still have one. No, a person would never forget a bad wedding gift. Better yet, how about worst birthday gift?

      Delete
  2. I've never seen a coupon dispenser in Walgreens, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one,
      Hmmm
      It is a machine into which you enter your phone number and coupons are dispensed according to your spending habits. Plus, some are coupons everyone can get.

      Delete
  3. I have not bought for a wedding in ages. Last time I remember the bride was registered at a store, you went there and bought an item not already checked off. I hear tell fewer brides register and want things preferring cash or something. I will be intrigued to see how it goes when/if I am invited to another one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I was registered for sterling silver flatware, that's all. I will not be giving money if I am ever invited to a wedding. My friend's daughter was marrying. The mother asked me if her daughter could borrow my silver serving dishes and trays (not sterling). I told her if I were invited to the wedding I would be glad to bring them early to the wedding. I did not get an invitation. I would still have given her something if she had not asked me for my stuff and then did not invite me!

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...