Thursday, July 27, 2023

Thursday Blip

 Check out this clip. So cute! We watch this and laugh. There is sound as soon as it opens. You may have a hard heart if you don't enjoy this clip. Do you need a laugh?

I did not sleep a wink last night and had horrible dry heaves just as I went back to bed at 9 am. I yelled for Tommy as I could not stand for fear of falling. I had a bad experience an hour or so earlier where I was seconds from falling! I managed to get one finger on my walker without wheels that stays in the bedroom. I was really frightened. Finally, I slept. This afternoon, I drifted in and out of sleep in my chair. 

Of course, I accomplished nothing today--NOTHING! I had nothing planned, so all is well. If I get anything decluttered, it will be after this movie. I am watching the saddest movie I have ever seen--Cheyenne Autumn. I have seen sad movies, but this tops them all. It is about Cheyenne displaced and trying to return home. 

Whatever it was, I suppose it is over. I don't think I ate anything to cause this gastric distress. I do still carry around a tiny wastebasket everywhere I go in the house. 

It is still hot and dry. Tommy came in from watering and said it rained in downtown Birmingham. He was exasperated as well as sweating from his efforts. 

I tested myself by eating a can of tuna and MW on bread. It caused me no undue distress, thankfully. 

Dinner: Tommy had a portion of ham slice, corn, and collard greens. He opened two cans. I had baked chicken on Romaine, tomato, grated Parmesan Cheese, and Ranch Dressing. I still have not made a dressing yet. 

He went out after 7 pm to get more chopped Romaine. I think we might go to the house in Bessemer where the guy sells produce for more tomatoes tomorrow. It was great. I cut the small watermelon we bought at the Farmers Market last week. I took half to sit and eat. I could not finish it, so Tommy did. Then he said there was no room in the refrigerator for the rest, sitting on a plate with wrap covering the watermelon half. So, he cut it in half and put it in a storage bag. Good enough! Perfect!

We are making a list of things to do tomorrow out of the house. The only thing on the list for tomorrow so far is the return we did not make because we left the item at home. 

What is on the list/agenda at your house on Friday or Saturday? 



14 comments:

  1. The Jailhouse Rock video was so cute! I’m sorry you had dry heaves. Those are awful to have. My mouth starts to water as soon as that happens to me. It’s a sickening feeling. I hope you are doing better now and glad you were able to eat the tuna. The watermelon sounds so good and refreshing. Nothing special planned for today, just the usual cleaning in the house, folding laundry and such. I hope you have a great Friday and stay cool if you get out in this heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I have to watch that over and over again each time I happen upon it. What is that with the mouth watering. It seems that never happened earlier in my life. It is common. It is supposed that the saliva will keep the acid from regurgitating ruining teeth. Anyway, I now have a sign. The heaves were coming from bottom of abdomen, not just from stomach. Altogether it was a strange experience. I wanted tuna and figured if I could keep that down, I was better. When either of us sits in the car waiting on the other, the ac is on. And, I have a cloth to keep sun out. It is 8 am and I am still awake, just decided to get up for a bit. I will fold towels and such in a bit to get something accomplished.

      Delete
  2. I feel your pain that I hate accomplishing nothing even when Life and The Universe seem to telling me nothing is what's happening regardless of my wants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      So true. I have to go with it, not that it makes me happy to accomplish nothing.

      Delete
  3. Hope you feel better and get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is after 10 AM and I am up again. So, rest?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I have a heart of stone because I don't find that video particularly cute. Those boys look like deer in the headlights. But this one is cute--so much sass!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynR1XmQruoo

    Sorry you had the dry heaves. Stomach issues are never fun. Do you have postnasal drip right now? I find that P.D. is very hard on my stomach.

    Even in air conditioning, this heat is enough to knock the vigor out of anyone. I am also very non-productive these last few days; sleeping excessively and just too exhausted to get a move on. Even unloading the dishwasher feels like climbing Mt. Everest!

    But they say energy begets energy, so I am going to force myself to do a few extra tasks today. I will write it all down so I can feel good about my accomplishments and be inspired to do more. That, and a second cup of coffee at 2:30pm so I maybe can catch a "second wind". We'll see if any of that works, LOL!

    Today is our big heat day and then the thermometer backs off. Thank you, Baby Jesus!

    Speaking of tuna, have you ever had the tuna sub from Subway? It is SO good. I had one last night and was reminded of how delicious it really is. Wish I could get my tuna as tangy as they do. The server put a huge handful of chopped black olives on it and I was in heaven. I get them toasted and it's just another level of delight altogether. I would eat another one today!

    Oh, and so I don't have to add a PS, the diet grape sodas available here are Polar, Sunkist, and Crush. I don't know if you have those varieties available where you live. I can't ever find them in cans, so I buy the bottles. Polar has a 1-liter size (instead of the usual giant 2-liter bottle) which fits easier in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue,
    I always have post nasal drip. No idea what it was. Never buy Subway. We have Crush and Sunkist. I just particularly LOVE NuGrape. I wouldn't buy it if i found it. Predictions are still mid -90s here. They are supposed to be looking straight ahead, so they are doing what they are supposed to be doing instead of missing cues, looking about, and fighting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know they're supposed to be looking for cues. Sorry not cute to me. But we can agree to disagree and you can enjoy the convict boys and my stone cold irrideemably black heart will enjoy young Aretha.

      Delete
    2. I love the sassy little girl / girls doing Aretha. They are between 3 & 5 years old. The very idea that they are able to preform at all is amazing.
      I thought that the little Jail House guys were adorable! At that age girls, more than boys, have had some dance or gymnastics lessons. Boys rarely have I thought that they were courageous brave little guys.

      Delete
    3. Janet,
      I think it is a big school with a good supply of boys to dance. Girls are usually more capable at that age. Agreed.

      Delete
  7. That clip is pretty cute!
    Stomach isues are never fun and I think all illness feels worse in stinking hot weather.
    On friday, I did my grocery shopping. Today, saturday, theres laundry to hang out and dusting to do and if i get really inspired some vacuuming or decluttering

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      The getting inspired is always my problem. Here's hoping we are attacked by inspiration on Saturday.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...