Monday, August 7, 2023

A Week

 Wednesday--I ordered a lanyard for my cell phone. This helps me to keep it safe from slipping out of my hand. Nine cost about $5, much cheaper than one bought in a store. 

Thursday--It pays to complain. Since I usually don't get my points from Walgreen's, I called Corporate to complain and get them. However, I ended up with a CS person who should not deal with people or talk on the phone. In the end, I was given $10.23 that I was not given in rewards or whatever their program is called. When she relinquished me to another person the good parts happened.

Friday-- I seem to remember storms. 

Saturday--I ate too much junk food. I paid for it by not sleeping all Saturday night and suffering terrible indigestion. Two greens tomato went on a plate and into a back bedroom where the sun shines every morning. The sun was not shining on the tomato.

Sunday--We cooked chicken with carrots. Tommy added two small potatoes to his, and I ate about three helpings of baby carrots that were cooked with the chicken. I also had a peach, half a banana, 1/2 cup blueberries. 

I made a tiny cobbler with the rhubarb by making enough for about two biscuits which I dropped on the rhubarb. I did not have to measure anything. However, it might have been better if I had used self-rising flour. 

Monday-- I had the rest of the rhubarb cobbler. Tommy cooked the ground beef and it is refrigerated. I really want spaghetti. I cleaned and sliced two huge Bell peppers and two Vidalia onions. One is for Tommy to put in a salad and the other bag is for me to cook. 

For dinner, we had a can of green beans, mashed potatoes from bag, baked chicken. Tommy also had a salad with half a huge tomato, chicken, mashed potatoes, and a salad. His salad had a bit of Romaine, half a huge tomato, onions, bell pepper, purple cauliflower, broccoli, and dressing. I had chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes, carrots. Later, I will have a salad and part of a Granny Smith apple. Most of the can of green beans was consumed by me. Tommy drained them and soaked them before we ate them. He only eats about a fourth of a cup of green beans...lol. I stuff myself with the rest of the can. 

The two huge tomatoes I put in the back bedroom to ripen on Saturday were ripe today. YAY! Tommy was surprised. 

Terrible thunderstorms missed us today, but we got lots of rain. At first, it was blowing sideways! 

I awoke on Monday and one foot was no longer swollen, just a tiny little, skinny foot. Really, my feet are not tiny, but they sure looked they were compared to the swollen foot lately. 

In Cullman, the library which is about four short blocks from me was hit by winds that broke out the windows, knocked over bookshelves, dumped books. It was awful. 

8 comments:

  1. Hope you are sleeping and feeling better. Glad the storms missed you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      No, not sleeping any better. I was happy to see the storms part.

      Delete
  2. Your dinners sound so good, especially the salads! It stormed here yesterday but was over by 5 o'clock, thank the Lord .I have trouble with one of my feet swelling too. I'm glad yours is no longer swollen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      The foot not being swollen lasted only a short time. Plus, it was the foot that barely swells. The other is still as bad as usual. We are sitting in a rainy area right now, so light rain for what looks like hours.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you got your money back from Wags Linda. I like to use Live Chat on their site. I get help faster. Your meals all sound good! You're lucky to have Tommy help you with dinner prep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms Goose,
      I am still not sure how I got that $7. But, I did get my one cent for the last transaction. Thanks. We do enjoy our meals. He is good about helping, thankfully.

      Delete
  4. We should protect our libraries at all costs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      So true. It would be a terrible loss for the community.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...