Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Life is Good!

Today was such a lot of rain, widespread but not violent winds with it. When I went to the car, I grabbed a jacket with hood, stuck the hood over my head to repel rain. I would have had to fight the jacket to get it off once in the car, so I did not put my arms into the sleeves. It felt so cold outside--71F. Can you beleive it? The cool air plus raindrops that managed to get on my arms was too much for me. It felt like Fall. Thankfully, this is not true. 

We had all the leftovers for dinner--chicken, carrots, mashed potatoes, celery, green beans. There was only a smidgen of these, like 12 green beans each and two measuring tablespoons of mashed potatoes. I put on what I thought was a 2 lb. bag of chopped kale. Only, it was collards. They don't cook up tender like kale. So, it was like eating raw collards! 

Tomorrow, I will put on a pork tenderloin that is seasoned. I plan to put the bell pepper in with that. Not sure what else we will have other than the collards. 

I have been perusing online ads. There is not much there. I will buy the carrots for $0.99/lb. at Publix. I need bananas. 

Maybe I have figured out why Matt Dillon wears the same shirt and vest for ten years. We saw one episode and Tommy told me that was from a previous episode, not a part 2 deal. If they can reuse scenes where a stunt man was used for a dangerous scene, they can save on production costs. Well, that is what I think. 

I still cannot sleep over 4 hours even though I had one good day. I tried limiting naps to only 1 or 1.5 hours, that still does not help. There is a plan to get a job, but I cannot work on 4 hours sleep!

Life is good! Third Rock from the Sun is back. I love that show. We laughed for 30 minutes solid. Have you seen The Miracle Worker? The ensemble cast was in the Middle Ages the first season with jobs as funny as a Shit Shoveler. The second year, they were on the Oregon Trail or something going West in a wagon train. This year, the third, is even funnier. They live in a junk yard that has an HOA. One guy is a dog. Hilarious. 

Do you watch any of these shows? 

8 comments:

  1. I’ve not seen The Miracle a worker, but you’ve made it sound funny, so I’ll check it out. I caught an episode of arena on YouTube yesterday and forgot how funny it was, so I enjoyed that. I need to check out the sale ads today too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I was a little put off by the first one--Medieval season. But, I soon found is strangely intriguing, then so funny. Today is ad day, a chore if ever there was one. But, we are making lists.

      Delete
  2. I used to watch 3rd Rock when it first came out. I have tried re-runs and can't get into it now. Never seen Miracle Workers other than commercials. Doesn't look like my cup of tea. I am sure it is funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      It did not please me when I first saw it, but it is quite hilarious to me now.

      Delete
  3. Enjoy watching your shows ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Miracle Worker only comes on once a week, so I make sure to catch it.

      Delete
  4. I have never heard of the miracle worker, Do you know what network carries it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. TBS--Turner Broadcast System. Monday night. You will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...