Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Do You Drink Sweet Tea from McDonald's?

 I had something to say, but I am too tired. I do want to share something with you.

A Tik Tok video showed a four-pound bag of White Satin Sugar into a container of tea at McDonald's. The amount is alarming. However, the worst part is that it is beet sugar. I do not consume beet sugar. Why?

Beet sugar, of course, comes from beets. As far as I know, beets for commercial use are Roundup Ready. The growing beets can be sprayed with Roundup to kill the weeds. However, the beets don't die from Roundup. The beets then have Roundup in them. I presume that beets have residue of Roundup. 

This is the way I understand it.

When I see a good sale on sugar, I make sure I see the words "cane sugar." Otherwise, I don't take advantage of a super-low sale price. 

Actually, beet sugar has an off taste in baked goods and in other uses. NOTE: I typed the previous sentence, wrongly stating that cane sugar has an off-taste. 

Maybe you have information that cane sugar is not as pure as I think it is. I don't care. lol

Thankfully, when I was eight years old, my mother quit putting sugar in the pitcher of tea for supper each night. She said she was pregnant and did not want to gain too much weight. So, I can have tea without worrying about my health.

Do you avoid cane sugar? Do you just use anything that is labeled sugar? 

8 comments:

  1. I use cane sugar. I make my own tea at home - have never bought one from McD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loves me sugar and don't care where it comes from...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to drink their sweet tea, but since my surgery, I have to watch my sugar content. Short answer, I no longer drink their sweet tea. I've tried the sugar substitutes, and I just can't, but I limit the amount of sugar in my coffee or the amount of honey/agave syrup for my tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhitter,
      Some of the substitutes are nasty. Limiting your sugar can only help your health.

      Delete
  4. Most corn and wheat are also roundup ready.
    It's frightening what we are being fed .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. savannah,
      Yes, our food is frightening and all for a dollar.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...