Monday, August 14, 2023

Hilarious List



 Okay, I found the funniest post on a blog that somehow, somewhere, I clicked on accidentally. However, I laughed loud and long at each of the points. CLICK HERE for a good laugh. I had to stop and laugh after each point, all designated at #1. Click on the link that shows up, then let the next page redirect you to Billions of Versions of Normal. It confused me at first.  

I used the Popsicle maker for the first time. There was leftover blueberry juice, just enough to fill two of the four slots. After about 8 hours, I remembered it. Tommy was loud in refusing to try one when I put them in the freezer. He was irritated when I asked him later. When I took out the whole gadget, I could not get the popsicles out, frozen tight. 

Yes, running water over them would work to loosen them. I tried different things in order not to make them slush in this heat and humidity. Finally, I took it to Tommy and asked him to help me. He took it right out. I asked if he wanted a taste. He did and went 'ummm.' I asked him if he wanted it, and he did. He really liked the blueberry popsicle. I have no idea why he is so adamant about things and then gently takes what I offer him. 

Surely, the answer is in the link above.

He put the taco soup together and ruined the taste by not rinsing the black beans. He said he understood when I told him. But, he forgot and will not admit it. But, we will eat it. 

I was almost overcome by the heat in the car as we waited for the Walgreen drive up. There were six or seven cars ahead of us and five behind. I stuck my arm out the window and the air was cooler than inside. But, the car exhaust was choking me. So, we rolled up the window and suffered. 

When I mentioned to Tommy tonight that we would take my car tomorrow, he said he was getting up early and taking the car to the shop up the street. Hopefully, it can be fixed tomorrow. 

Getting into my chair with the soup bowl, I spilled soup. I wiped it off my dress. Later, I managed to spill blueberry juice on the dress and my left foot. Looking down, I had lots of soup on the same foot. The beans were on the carpet! Such a mess! I can go weeks without making a mess, then in one night, I am a disaster. 

Speaking of a disaster, I have never done a spit-take until two weeks ago. I was full. I am fat. I took a drink of milk, a big gulp. I twisted to the left side, squished my stomach just as I also burped from the squishing. I spewed out the biggest spray of milk. That took forever to clean from papers, pens, receipts, phone. It makes my cheeks hot to even think of the disaster. And, of course, Tommy had to be here and saw it all. 

Now, I need to think of what else I can put in the popsicle maker. Bananas or strawberries works for me, but not for Tommy. He turned down cantaloupe and then strawberries. But, he will probably relent once he tries a bite. Silly man. I don't have either right now, but I will. 

He does like a cantaloupe smoothie. I made a banana/strawberry smoothie for me and he gets a cantaloupe/strawberry smoothie. I may make a smoothie popsicle for him. 

I found the picture on Amazon. The price was $13.94. At Publix, I paid $3.49. See the little straws sticking out the sides? That is a straw to sip the melted popsicle instead of having it drip and run all over. Of course, I played with this thing and got blueberry juice all over me. I cannot imagine giving this to a child. Good point--it is made in the USA. 

The popsicle maker is a success. Do you own one that is good or a disaster? 

Do any of the #1 points in the link especially ring a bell with you and your experience with men? Which is the funniest or most true to you?


4 comments:

  1. I used to make fruit popsicles all the time. Just wrap a paper towel or rag around the handle to catch drips. They are so refreshing on a hot day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      It has a handy dandy lip to hold the drips and a tiny straw to sip it up. Nope, I managed to spill it...lol... playing with it like a little kid. I think I will make pineapple because Tommy likes that. Next time I won't be messing with it and will use a washcloth.

      Delete
  2. Yum. blueberry popsicles sound delicious! I'm glad Tommy liked them too. I have done apple juice in mine too and they are refreshing as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I have some crushed pineapple I might use. Maybe yogurt with the fruit will be good.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...