Sunday, August 13, 2023

Saturday and Sunday

 Not much happened Saturday. We cooked, ate, did laundry, decluttered a tiny bit, maybe we went out to get milk and bananas. The biggie was going to phone sorted out. Somehow, I had the sound of the ring muted and the vibration on. Well, I felt silly as I was looking in the phone for control over that. All I had to do was use the toggle on the side to raise the volume and hit 'set.' I have done this dozens of times, but somehow, I was not thinking. 

Sunday was more of the same type activities. I made slaw. Tommy chopped and cooked the ground pork for taco soup. For some reason I put a Cornish hen in the crockpot, right where I was going to make the taco soup. No problem. The ground pork is in the refrigerator. 

We finished the pork loin, potatoes, and carrots. 

I did put the small box of sliced mushrooms into a skillet on low, drizzled a bit of olive oil over, and heated slowly. Then, I put some of the spaghetti sauce I made over the mushrooms in a bowl, put Parmesan over them, and ate that for a snack. I love mushrooms and Tommy hates them. No problem. I just get more.

We did not leave the house Sunday. Tommy did go out to water the flowers. It did not rain. At 11 pm it was 94F. I have been reading about wildflowers and bees. I keep forgetting to go outdoors to see a shooting star.

                                                                 The End. 

Do you decide to learn more about your plants or bees or birds or a recipe, then immerse yourself? What subjects interest you from time to time?


2 comments:

  1. I tend to "immerse" myself in hobbies, much like I did in my studies. Canning was a perfect example. I had never canned prior to moving here. After that first batch of blackberry jam, (open kettle, no less) it became a passion. I learned as much as I could. (We're in an area where extension classes for agriculture are ample.) I did the same with my perennial gardening, but it would appear my knowledge has been surpassed by a) A kid who took a Botany course in college) b) A kid who worked as a manager/perennial buyer at the local nursery c) A kid who decided to keep bees, and decided to learn about pollinator gardens/native plants...they know it all, just ask them. They are delighted to share their knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg,
      I answered this once and somehow, the answer disappeared. I had a sister tell me she could tell what I was into this year by what I gave for Christmas--needlepoint, crochet, etc. I did immerse myself in studies, too. LOL at such intelligent, passionate, and learned kids. The county agent was always glad to tell me anything I wanted and repeatedly help me. I even had them come to my house for yard questions. They were very accommodating..

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...