Wednesday, August 2, 2023

More Salmon

 We used the other rain check and bought another 8 cans of salmon. That makes one can every two months. Plus, we have a few more cans bought earlier. 

Tommy bought a new walker on Monday. Less than 24 hours later it was tearing up. Wednesday, we took it back and traded it for a new one. I hope this does not portend the future with this walker. 

Tuesday night, I slept for 7.5 hours, my basic need.  I could tell that mental tasks were less difficult. I could remember all ten numbers of a telephone number when told to me. That has been a problem for me. See, I am just sleep deprived, not losing my memory as Tommy keeps telling me--"Why can't you remember anything?"

On Tuesday night, I looked over the ads online. I was so happy that MW was $3.99. Well, I found an ad about a thousand miles away from me and for last winter. Today, we went to three stores to get the paper ads. Still nothing of interest. Only sale bscb is the thing that would have me buying anything right now. 

Dinner: I had bacon-wrapped sirloin, squash, tiny potato, carrots, and a salad with Romaine and tomato. Tommy had the other piece of bacon-wrapped sirloin, collards, potato, carrots. The two pieces of meat were cooked with the bacon attached, but thankfully Tommy removed the bacon from mine because, as he says, "You don't like two meats together."

When I ordered an Arby's sandwich that had bacon with the roast beef, I ordered the sandwich with the bacon on the side. I opened my sandwich to discover the four pieces of bacon were in a perfect square around the edge of the sandwich. I wish I had take a picture. 

Do you prefer not to have two meats in one dish or sandwich? Or, do you like your meats mixed? 

8 comments:

  1. We once won a free package of meat from our local UGO that was beef and pork combined and I didn’t care for it at all. I like my meat to be separate also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      That was a good win if the meats were separate. I have met a few other people who don't like meats together.

      Delete
  2. I love mixing meats. Sometimes when I have leftover meats that need to be used, I will chop them up and use them in an omelet. It usually ends up being a mixed scramble, though. I'm too impatient to get the omelet the way it should be. I have also chopped up leftover meats and added pepperoni and onion. Heat that well and then add some Rao's spaghetti sauce and top with cheese. It's like a pizza casserole. The Rao's sauce has no sugar added, so it's a great very-low-carb meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to HATE cheese and eggs together. Years ago, whenever I would order a bacon and egg biscuit combo somewhere like McDonald's, I would always be sure to tell them no cheese. They almost always sold it as a "Bacon egg and cheese" biscuit. I have come to really enjoy cheese on eggs nowadays, though.

      Delete
    2. Alice,
      I hate the eggs in McD biscuits! I would take the bacon in biscuit if I ever ate those which I did not. I don't want cheese on eggs or grated into the eggs before cooking. I like chunks so I get hot, gooey bits of cheese. Aren't we all funny with our favorite ways?

      Delete
  3. I am laughing out loud about the bacon "on the side" of your Arby's sandwich!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      Isn't that just the funniest thing? I sat with my mouth open trying to figure out what I was seeing. Then, I laughed heartily as I still stared at it.

      Delete
  4. I either didn't know or had forgotten Mr. Tommy has a walker. Life is tough when one has to use one.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...