Friday, August 18, 2023

Something Went Wrong. Something Went Right!

 The popsicle was less than perfect like the first one. Trying to get the sicle into the form was a nightmare. Pineapple, even crushed, is hard to get in. So, I had to do a lot of cleaning to get it in. Well, then the second thing went wrong. Tommy wanted to eat his later, so I could not thaw both at once. In my misguided attempt to thaw one and then thaw the other later, I pulled the stick out of the popsicle, leaving it in the form. It finally melted enough I could break it loose with a spoon. So, I had this melting popsicle on a plate to eat. Not fun. Then, Tommy's melted and it sort of came loose. He got to dig his own out. 

Next time, I will keep the form cleaner since I think the stick is frozen to the form by all the residue. And, I won't pull on the stick so hard! 

Now for the squash casserole. I only used about half the squash as most were too large. I only used two slices of bread, so there was too much butter. It was delicious! It seemed softer than I remember, but still wonderful. I forgot to put the ground pork that I cooked into the casserole. Tommy let me have the other salmon croquette since it is easy to chew. He had the ground pork. I am not sure what he put on it. 

The last time I made squash casserole, the squash was not done or soft at all. So, I microwaved the squash first, onions, too. It seems the squash casserole I made years ago was perfect. 

My lemon tree has not bloomed at all since I bought it this spring. All the ones left at Lowe' don't appear to have bloomed, either. There are no baby lemons. I will take it back to Lowe's. But, maybe it will bloom next year. I am unsure as to what is happening. Is your lemon tree blooming? Did it bloom the year you bought it? This one is about two feet tall and appears to have been pruned. 

My nap was sabotaged today. Have you ever jumped as you went to sleep? Have you ever jumped about two dozen times as you tried to sleep? I did today. Since I had only three hours sleep Thursday night, I needed sleep. 

4 comments:

  1. I’ve jumped like that before when falling asleep. It is so annoying. Your popsicle sounds delicious even if you had to eat it with a spoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I have jumped once or twice when falling asleep, but this was sooo many times. The popsicle in a bowl was good.

      Delete
  2. I was thinking the other day it's been years since I had a popsicle. Wouldn't that be lovely ! How can a summer go by without one?

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...