Friday, September 15, 2023

Friday Fun

 Tommy is in the kitchen cooking and breaking up ground beef. I chopped a whole Vidalia so he can put half in and sweat/cook onions. I sliced and chopped tomatoes we bought Wednesday that are going fast. Chopped tomatoes are for salad fixins. Sliced tomatoes are for a tomato sandwich or two for me. Tommy does not like tomato sandwiches. 

Even though I did get nearly enough sleep, I am feeling a bit better. The expectorant for my lungs works well. I have coughed until my ribs hurt. 

When I got up at about 2 pm, there was a package waiting for me from a very nice commenter. Now, maybe I won't need to use cloth over my eyes since I now have a sleep mask. A cute glass with top for a straw or sipping. A pretty flower on top of all the gifts in the box--soap, socks, candle, bath bomb, lots of goodies that really lifted my mood and made me smile. Thanks, Bri. 

I have quit nonstop coughing. Ears, sinuses, lungs feel clearer. It is not over, but it has eased. For two days, I had suck a headache, especially when I tried to sleep! When I walk, I am wobbly, still. I have had dreams I cannot remember, but they were all disturbing. 

Right now, at 6 pm, I am tired but I need to see what is going on in the kitchen. 

There are several new products for a2milk. They have formula for infants, protein powder, and have had a creamer out for a long time. The first two are new. For a long time, I have resisted protein powder since I did not know the source. Or, I knew the source and rejected it for that reason. Since I am allergic to peas, I certainly will not use a protein powder with pea protein. I am not the person who makes a fuss when out to eat. Have you tried any new a2milk products?

From 7-9 I had a nap. 

I love a birthday surprise! 

Today, I managed to cut myself on a clamshell and rip my index fingernail off into the quick! And, I cut myself with a knife. The clamshell hurt more! I finally had to get Tommy to open it. I must say it was the highlight of my day. /s  Are clamshells getting harder to open to you? Not only do they take more effort, they are more complicated.

Do you ever take guaifenesin for chest congestion?  

14 comments:

  1. I'm glad your feeling better-watch those clam shells. I've never opened one..I know it's weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vickie,
      How have you managed to never open a clam shell? I really hate to ask Tommy to do something that should be so simple! He offers to help, but I just keep struggling until I have to give up. Some are more difficult than others to open.

      Delete
  2. How nice that you received a gift. That is always a mood lifter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      It is a mood lifter. I have been taking all the things out and fondling them.

      Delete
    2. I have never opened a clam or oyster shell. Clam shells pretty much open themselves, don't they?

      While I have tried raw oysters, I can state unequivocally that I do not care for them. Would I try them again? Yes, I would. I am an adventurous eater. Apparently different locations and variates make a huge difference in the taste and mouth feel of raw oysters.

      Now if we are talking about fried oysters or oyster stew, count me in! One time in New Orleans I found a small natural PEARL in my fried oyster Po'boy!

      Delete
    3. Janet,
      I will never eat an oyster, raw or cooked. By the way, I am talking clam shell, like the ones deli food come in, the horrid plastic containers. It would be thrilling to find a pearl in my food.

      Delete
    4. Well heck Linda, you didn't say anything about it being a package! LOL I had been thinking what the hell is Linda doing opening clams? I thought that would not be something on your usual menu!

      Delete
    5. Janet,
      I laughed so hard! No, I will not be opening clams.

      Delete
  3. I’ve taken guaifenesin before. It works great. I’m sorry you’ve been sick and that you cut yourself on a clam shell, ouch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      This is a long recovery! That is the last time I ever try a deli clamshell. Others, I just use scissors.

      Delete
  4. I have never managed to open a clam shell package either, unless it's a deli/bakery food type one with tabs. The ones that, say, batteries or some kids' toys come in? Never, for as long as I remember. I use scissors to cut those open. If they were a kid's gift, (think "Little Pet Shop" type toys) I would carefully cut around the edge of the clam shell before wrapping. Yet another reason I love thrift shops--no vexing packaging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg,
      I gave up on the battery packages and that type years ago. I just grab the scissors for those. This was a deli package! It had a zip tab where a little strip was pulled from the package. Then, there was a tab to pull up. Well, I tried everything then tried to put my finger inside. Nope, just cut me and ripped off a nail.

      Delete
  5. Yay!!! I am so happy your little care package arrived safely & that you liked it!! Making you smile was my #1 goal in sending it so now I am smiling knowing that I was successful ;) I hope you enjoy all of your goodies & am so glad you have use for the eye mask, that was actually the one thing I wasn't sure was silly or not. Keep on smiling Linda, we love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bri,
      Oh, I did smile and have smiled every day when I see the sunflower in the window. Thanks again.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...