Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Not Much Wednesday

 The kitchen towels came in late last night. When I got up the bag was closed so did not smell anything. Then, when we came in from shopping, the sweet scent hit me. Tommy now knows he will deal with this load of wash. I suggested he lay them out over things in kitchen, dining room, and bedroom to help the scent dissipate. Maybe it won't affect me. 

Up close, I can see a dozen buds on the lemon tree. I am ecstatic. One flower is already fading. Tomorrow, a lime tree comes home from Lowe's if they still have them. 

We collected the ads from three stores today. Well, I forgot to get the Publix ad when I went in to shop. But, I did find what I do believe are this seasons Red Delicious apples. The three I picked up were the three I bought. Tommy came out the first time he bought apples for me, saying he had to examine 21 apples before he found one to suit me. 

It was annoying when I bought Bayer enteric, low-dose aspirin. I bought a bottle of three hundred. That bottle size is larger than the bottle for 200. However, I dumped all the bottle of 300 into the bottle that had held 200 and had room left over. I dumped the bottle of 90 softgel, Vitamin D tablets into a prescription bottle. It really annoys me to buy a huge bottle with few pills. Why don't they make the bottle smaller???

We had coupons for the aspirin and Vit D, but left them at home, so that will be a chore for tomorrow along with buying whatever we want to get from the ad. 

I have a very small train case that I keep present meds in. So, I want the smallest bottle to make them fit. I have a larger train case in which I keep the duplicate bottle or next doses.

Dinner: two tiny chicken tenders, slice of potato, baby carrots, slaw. All this was prepared last night and the night before. Tommy had part of a chicken breast, kale, potato, carrots. I had a bit of ice cream with blueberries in syrup. Tommy had more ice cream with strawberries over it. 

The weather has been great--not to hot in the day and not too cool at night. However, all that will change this weekend. I need to start thinking about when to bring the lemon tree indoors. Soon, it will be time to put all the plants in the utility room. 

I awoke at 2 pm today and got a moderate amount of sleep. I read that tart cherry juice from Montmercy cherries promoted sleep. Then I read another that touted pineapple. At Publix, I searched all the tart cherry juice bottles, reading the ingredients. Some were pricier than others. The cheap juice had apple juice. Just NO. I bought a 16-ounce bottle for $11,00+. It is just concentrate that has nothing else and is to be added to water or juice or milk. I will see what this does for me. Since I am allergic to pineapple, I don't want to consume it regularly. Both purportedly have massive amounts of melatonin. We will see. 

Other than milk or turkey dinner, is there anything you eat that promotes sleep? 

10 comments:

  1. You can find Lakewood Tart cherry juice at Sprouts. I think it is 6 or 7 bucks. It is 100% unsweetened cherry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      The ingredient list was the reason I rejected Lakewood. Besides, this makes a gallon of juice once reconstituted. So, in the long run, this is much cheaper. It is about $3/quart.

      Delete
    2. ????? The only ingredient in Lakewood is 100% organic tart cherry juice

      Delete
    3. Anne,
      That is not what I found. Is this a concentrate to dilute in a liquid? What is the upc on the bottle.

      Delete
  2. You might try a guided sleep meditation app on your phone. You don't want to be looking at a screen, but rather just listening to a voice guiding you to relaxation. Sorry I don't have any specific ones to recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: To get rid of the perfumey smell of the towels, I would put a bucket on the counter next to the kitchen sink. Fill about 1/4 full with warm water. Add 1 cup of vinegar. Put the towels in to soak, adding water if needed just to cover. Let them sit for 24 hours, empty the bucket water into the sink, and put the towels in the washer and run them through the rinse/spin cycle with warm water. Or just put them on a regular wash cycle but don't add soap.

    That should take care of the odor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      Vinegar is not working. I think this final step we are taking of airing will make it possible for me to live in the house with them as it dissipates.

      Delete
  4. I love the idea of a lemon and lime tree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Sandie,
      I do too. I wish I had a lemon from my tree right now. But, I will have to buy one.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...