Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Sentient Towels

 


The kitchen towels came in stinky again after a regular was and were made to stay in a spare bedroom. Today, I had Tommy take them and wash them again with a Finish Laundry tab. As he left to go out, he said, "If the towels were sentient, they would say, "What did we do wrong." He can be funny!

The kitchen towels were washed four times, once with the ALL and Unstoppables, once with vinegar, once with regular wash, OxyClean and All. This last time was with the dishwasher tab, Finish. 

Edit: Towels from dryer after ALL and OxyClean still smell of the Unstoppables, but very faint. Not the best outcome, but better than earlier washings.

Monday, I found a penny. This was the first time I had been out of the car and into the store in a month. YAY! Sandals on the ground is the secret. 

I bought a Pelee mum. I have promised myself that I will NOT buy another mum this year. I kept the one I bought last year outside. I want to keep this one inside, but it needs light, so maybe I will leave it out for a bit each day. 

This last week, we bought apples, bananas, and milk for Tommy. We get the ads on Tuesday, but not this last week. That's okay because there was not much, and those two things will be purchased with a raincheck. Food Giant had bscb for $1.99/lb but Tommy went to Publix because he thought I wanted the ones that were $3.99/lb. Since the Publix bscb are trimmed better, I decided to go with that as it was getting dark, sooner than usual. 

We will need to get started sooner from now on. We were spoiled being out until 8 pm., enjoying the later sunset. I will sorely miss the light. 

When I got in the car, waiting for Tommy to lock the door and come out, I happened to look at the Meyer lemon tree on the porch. There was something white at the end of a limb. I was so excited, thinking it was a flower. Tommy confirmed that it was a flower and there were several other buds. I think I might get a lime tree now. 

I wonder if the fertilizer was the reason for this blossom and the buds. Or, was it just time? 

Today, when Tommy was doing laundry, the door was open. I saw the UPS man walk to the other side of the garbage can and toss a package. The package was shredded, not from him, but from all the abuse it had experienced. Thankfully, Godinger understands abuse of cut crystal and packed it appropriately. And, Macy's had packed that box into a Macy's box that had huge bubble wrap and lots of it around the Godinger box. 

Last night, I could not sleep. I got up about 10:30 am and watched TV with Tommy. At noon, I was ready to go to bed again. We did get the bscb for $3.99/lb from Publix. Otherwise, nothing happened. 

Tonight, I had ground beef from freezer already cooked with a thin slice of cheese on it. Cheeseburger? I stuffed myself on vegetables--leftover slaw, and green beans opened tonight and soaked. Before I ate, I cooked vegetables in the oven--four potatoes sliced in 1/2 inch slices, two pounds of baby carrots, two lbs of sliced Brussels sprouts. I put Italian Seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder on all before cooking. 

Tommy said we have enough leftover vegetables to last for more than three days. I like it that way. He is eating the strawberries and I am eating the blueberries. 

Tommy had leftovers--baked chicken, kale, brussels sprouts. 

Just now, he went out to bring in the dried towels, but had forgotten to remove them from the washer. So, maybe I won't have a verdict on the stink until tomorrow. 

Have you found money this week?

Do you have any sentient laundry? Does your laundry wonder what you are doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...