Friday, October 6, 2023

Nothing New--Just Flies and Greek Festival

 This day was boring, boring, boring, and okay with me. I needed to go to Lowe's and Tractor Supply. Because I felt awful, I decided not to go. 

Since Spring I have only seen one fly in this house. Now, when one dies or whatever happens to it, another fly comes in. I sit with the electric flyswatter, and the fly stays out of the room. When I put it down, the fly comes and buzzes me, food if I have it, and various pieces of paper or whatever. These flies are crafty and perverse! 

I had a cannister of granular fly bait that worked in the big, old house. I would just put some in a lid on a windowsill and it collected flies, not many, but all that came in, I suppose. I need more from Tractor Supply. Maybe tomorrow. I never see flies on the door or outside. They are never in the outdoor garbage can, so I have no idea how this is happening. 

Saturday, we are going to the Greek Festival. I am so excited. Tommy and I both are looking forward to the food. Lamb is the only thing I can think of that I don't like in Greek offerings. 

Dinner was still delicious since this is the third night. There are enough vegetables for one more meal tomorrow. The best part was that I did not have to cook! 

I have been searching Amazon and elsewhere for a chair desk to hold the new Ken Follet book since it is massive and heavy. I found one that has a slanted portion that will hold the book at a better angle to read. Maybe that one. It sits on the arm of a chair and can be used for a bed tray, for whatever one needs a surface while in a chair or in bed. 

Do you ever have a fly or flies in your home? If you cannot swat it, how do you get rid of it?

EDIT: I only have one fly at a time and have only had three at separate times this last two months, not a fly invasion.

Do you ever use a chair desk or another means of elevating your work? 

Who likes Greek Food?

6 comments:

  1. If you go to the Greek Festival tomorrow, be prepared to walk a lot. Parking is a beast there. We went Thursday and it was packed, but I did like watching some of the kids dance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Walking is the reason we are doing a meal pickup. Last year, we were the first person in line and watched people drive in the wrong way and turn around and get ahead of us. I miss lots not being able to walk. I hate that. Of course, if friends quit inviting me places, I would be devastated.

      Delete
  2. I use a pillow to hold my book while reading. We have flies all the time, can't help it when you have farm animals in the pasture next too you. I use fly hotels (yes that's what they are called) and mint planted at back door and kitchen door. Flies hate mint but will swarm those plants instead of coming in the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book would defy a pillow since it is over 2.5 lbs. I have other things I could use, but they would hurt my legs. I bought a fly strip, but I suppose this fly cannot find it. I will have to look up fly hotel.
      I am wondering if the dog poop from dogs next door is bringing more flies. So flies hate mint but swarm them? I did have a basil plant right beside me. I wonder if flies hate that because no other fly has stayed with me for as long as this one has...lol.

      Delete
  3. I wish I had only seen 3/4 flies all summer. When it got real hot and the house was cool, I had flies come in at every time the door opened. Some days I would swat 4 or 5. They seem to be gone at the present. It has cooled a lot outside.
    Not a fan at all of any Greek food. Hope you enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      It is not so much the number of flies...lol. But, when one comes in it seems like there are a dozen with all the flying, darting, landing, buzzing. I remember as a child there would be man flies and much swatting all day long and all summer.
      More Greek food for me. There are a few things that are Greek that I don't like. Thanks.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...