Monday, November 9, 2020

It's Official--I Hate my Airfryer & Another Clue

 I made burgers seasoned with onion soup mix, and they were delicious. However, Tommy had to wash it since I cannot stand long enough to do so. He was perfectly willing but it took him days to get it done.

Then, I made chicken in the air fryer. Both breasts with bone-in and skin looked great but ran bloody on our plates! We put them back in and cooked them more. They were done and dried out. 

I decided to put two pounds of ground round, very low fat, and cook it to use chopped up in spaghetti. Well, Tommy was the first to cut into it and declared it was raw. Yes, it looked like it only browned on the outside. 

AND, it has been almost a week and he has not washed the air fryer yet. The ground meat cooked into the little grill that the meat sits on. So, I am sure he does not want to do it even though he is very amenable when I mention washing it. It's gross now!

Oh, if you will, mention my contest in your blog! I would appreciate it. This contest ends on Friday,  November 13. 2020. 

Guess as many times as you like each day. Each guess needs to be in a separate comment. But, if I cannot find you to mail the prize, then I will go on to the next person. So, include an email. OR You can email me your email address with  at pparsimony@yahoo.com and "Thanksgiving Guess" as the subject.  

Third Clue--daybook. 

Clue two..HERE

Clue one...HERE

Today's Clue: Vitamins

I also hate whatever Blogger is doing to the page to compose. I cannot add things into the text as I please! 




10 comments:

  1. We use our air fryers very differently, but I love mine. It is possibly the best small appliance I have ever purchased.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      How do you use it differently than I do? I can change...lol. I do have the little pot.

      Delete
    2. The air fryer is essentially just a super fast convection oven. I use mine for things like okra or baking biscuits, hash browns (the kind that come frozen in a rectangular shape) crescent rolls, or to cook casseroles in small dishes. I do not use mine to cook meats, though I will probably try the air fried chicken before too long. The hardest thing for me is finding the correct temperature and time.

      Delete
    3. Anne,
      All I have cooked are meats. I had the urge for canned biscuits, so maybe I will try those. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. I used my air fryer once, to make wings. My son came and made bacon in it. The wings were okay, the bacon good but cleaning and storing the monstrosity was not okay. I put it in the box and banished it to the basement. Perhaps I can con one of my kids to take it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      Banishment is good enough for mine! I wonder if I have the box. I think if I had a dishwasher, I might not be so irritated with cleaning it. But, raw meat? Not having it.

      Delete
  3. I found by nuking anything not done a minute or so in the microwave after air frying, oven roasting, turkey from deep fryer that it gets finished and doesn't dry out. I don't mind cleaning mine out I have a pro airfryer with rotisserie and shelves. I used the American Test kitchen cookbook for air friers... It's nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This ground beef needed more than a minute or so in the microwave to not be blood red. I will look online for that cookbook.

      Delete
  4. Linda, Dawn makes a product with a pump spray delivery that you spray on soiled pots & pans. You let it set for 20 min or so and the grime practically slides off! That might make you more apt to use the air fryer.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...