Saturday, December 5, 2020

Customer Service and Two Happy Occasions

 First, this deal. I had two $0.75 cent coupons for Ronco spaghetti. I like the 7 oz size since it is perfect for the two of us, with just a bit left over that is cooked and eaten by me with olive oil and no package to reseal. 

spaghetti $0.81 each with 2 coupons that were $0.75/2

I bought 4 x .81= $3.24. The 2 coupons doubled, so 4 x $0.75= $3.00. $3.24 -$3.00= $0.24 That makes $0.06 cents for each package of Ronco, 3 cents/serving. I like paying $0.24 for four packages of Ronco.

Before I left the store, I realized the coupons did not double/total as they should, so I had to wait at customer service. Then, I got into the car and Tommy drove two miles when I  realized they had charged me over $5 for tangerines which I did not get. What I did buy was red globe grapes for $1.69/lb. Plus, they had not given me the 5% senior discount. 

We went back. In the end I received $5.89 back for the tangerines I did not purchase and $1.31 for the five percent discount for being old. Then, half way home I realized that they had failed to charge me for the grapes! Do you think I went back to pay them? So, I came home with $7.20 and free grapes. I did not plan this! 

For some reason on Friday afternoon I was very anxious to go give the purse away that is filled with things. Then, on the way I wanted to stop and talk to a woman I often see, but never stop to talk with. 

It turns out her name is Linda. We had a nice conversation, us in the car and her across her fence. She has a friend who cleans. So, even though I found the service, this may be better for me. 

Then, I wanted to go to a grocery store and find a woman who needed the purse full of goodies. Tommy went to The Foundry, a place for addicts to live and work. I did not want to find someone there. Well, it was getting dark and the neighborhood is not the best, so we left in a hurry. 

 Pink Purse Project

We went to a grocery store called Value Mart. As we pulled in, I saw a shortish, older person, heavy set and nondescript hair--nothing to suggest if it were a woman from a distance and in the half-dark. It turned out that it was a woman walking quickly, limping, and hair in ponytail. 

Tommy  stopped and yelled to her just before she went inside. I raised the purse, red purse, and told her I wanted to give it to her. I told her it was a purse full of goodies for someone who might like it. She took it and started crying and said her cousin just died yesterday and getting the purse made her feel better. I said, "Well, maybe this can make you feel a bit happy." She said that,  "Just you talking to me makes me feel happy."

I asked her if I could take a picture of her with the purse and her mask on. She had a mask on as she went into the store. She agreed and came around the car. So, I burst into tears and cried most of the way home. I was so touched that she cried and said she had had a death and my gift made her happy, my talking to her made her happy. 

She was told where the $20 bill was and not to let anyone get it. I meant someone at home deciding with or without permission to investigate. I told her I had other things that I did not get together yet and could I give it to her somewhere. She told me where she worked, fast food, and that her name was Donna. 

My eyes are leaking a bit just typing this. 

The gift was worth about $80, including the money and the new purse. Well, at the full price of the purse before I bought it on sale, I suppose the value is $130.00 or more. It really is a pretty purse and it was bulging with good stuff. 

6 comments:

  1. that is a nice story indeed eyes can leak a bit over this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I still get a teary, leaky feeling. I am adopting this lady. Right now, I am going through food and selecting some for her.

      Delete
  2. Very nice story indeed. Glad you found just the right person to help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyful,
    Thanks. I think I did find the right person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice story of gifting the purse. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, thinking about that woman still makes my eyes leak.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...